Each day, you spend a large amount of your time at your desk. Therefore, you need to be prepared for many unexpected things. Below I listed eight things you need on your desk while working in the office. You will see that if you keep the below items, your desk will become a much nicer area to work.
Things You Need On Your Desk
- Healthy Snacks: Eating healthy snacks like cereal, almonds, nuts, yogurt and fruit will keep you both full and nutritious throughout the day. As a result, your stomach will stop bothering you and your performance will improve.
- Headphones: Putting on your headphones is a great option if you want to fully concentrate on your work and block out the noise in the background. Also, when you have a break, you can watch the new video everybody is talking about without disturbing the rest of your coworkers.
- An Office Cardigan: Especially in the summer due to air conditioning, you may feel chilly in the office. Keeping a cardigan at your chair may come in handy, if you start to freeze. You can use this cardigan as a blanket too, if it is big enough.
- Tissues and Hand Sanitizer: You can understand the importance of having tissues and hand sanitizer on your desk when you catch a cold or when you need to eat food at your desk. It is important to kill all the germs and keep your hands clean.
- Bottle of Water: A healthy person needs to consume 8 or 9 glasses of water per day to stay hydrated. You may forget to drink water when you are busy but keeping a bottle or a glass of water will remind you of this need.
- First Aid Supplies: First aid supplies include Band-Aids, eye drops, nose drops, vitamins, pain killers and etc. You can tailor these according to your needs. For example; if you wear contact lenses, you need to have eye drops and eye solution or if you have a sore throat, it is better to keep lozenges.
- Deodorant: Especially in the spring and summer months, you may need this. Also, if you have a plan to go out right after work, it will come in handy.
- A Spare Phone Charge or Phone Battery: Don’t let your phone battery drain down to 0. Batteries’ lives are shortened every time you fully discharge them. If you want to use your phone longer, keep a spare phone charge in the office and charge your phone when it starts getting below 10 percent.
Republished by permission. Original here.
Work Desk Photo via Shutterstock